My collection of Pressure Cooking Recipe's and How to prepare and cook when short on time... Family Style!!

Your #1 Blog for pressure cooking.

Tuesday

Mac-a-Roonie and Cheese - Yes from Outback



I believe I have perfected my immitation of Mac n Cheese from Outback.
Which is wonderful because I craved it my entire last pregnancy. So hopefully for my next one this will save Lots of Dinero! So here it goes!


Grocery List


1 12 oz pkg rigatoni pasta

1/2 pound Velveeta Cheese - Cubed

3 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons flour

1/4 tsp salt

1/8 tsp Paprika

1 1/2 C Milk


  1. Prepare Rigatoni using package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a large sauce pan on medium heat melt butter and add flour, stirring constantly. Mixture should thicken. When flour thickens add milk, salt, paprika, and cheese cubes. Stirring constantly until the sauce thickens but yet is smooth. The cheese sauce should resemble a extra thick cream. If mixture is to thick a little more milk may be added.
  3. Pour the drained pasta in the sauce and gently stir well. When pasta is completely coated with sauce mixed ...well the Mac A Roo is ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment